Guapo and I

I am a mother of two boys living in Mesa Arizona. I come from a family of animal lover's. My father, brother, and sister-in law are Veterinarians. I am a Certified Veterinary Technician working at a Specialty Dentistry Practice. My other love is food! Being Filipino part of my culture is to embrace and be thankful of food and also being a world traveler I have sampled many dishes from many places! Let's not forget the reason for this blog too...the many adventures of Guapo the cat :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sorry It has been a while since my last post.

I apologize for not posting anything since August! Guapo suddenly lost his youngest sister Diva . She was taken away from us by a coyote when she had somehow gotten out of our house into the front yard. Apparently Diva was not the first victim of this coyote, a shih-tzu was taken from the neighbor's back yard. Unfortunately after coming home from a long weekend in Tucson we immediately noticed that Diva was missing and my husband found her remains close to our house. I guess I am writing this because it is part of my grieving process. We all miss her very much! She was Guapo's little playmate I got her when she was dropped off at our animal hospital along with her siblings. The kittens where roughly 1 week of age so it was like having another baby. It was around the clock feedings of formula that was shared by my husband, son, myself and my neighbor Evelyn until she was able to eat solid kitten food at 6 weeks. She was taken away  from us at  the young age of 1 year and 4 mos...she was my baby! Her namesake says it all unlike laid back Guapo she was my 4 lb spitfire! It has taken me this long to finally speak and write of her and I can only thank Guapo and the rest of my pets for "knowing and sensing" that mamma was really really sad. Guapo tries his best on a daily basis to try to make his mamma laugh. His latest escapade happened around 4am today when he decided to knock down 50 CD's off Dad's desk so he could get a "loving and a scratching " from me because dad already left for work and he was bored! I just want to say to Diva if she is listening that I love you and miss you every day!!!


Love you my little darling <3




No comments:

Post a Comment