Guapo and I

I am a mother of two boys living in Mesa Arizona. I come from a family of animal lover's. My father, brother, and sister-in law are Veterinarians. I am a Certified Veterinary Technician working at a Specialty Dentistry Practice. My other love is food! Being Filipino part of my culture is to embrace and be thankful of food and also being a world traveler I have sampled many dishes from many places! Let's not forget the reason for this blog too...the many adventures of Guapo the cat :)

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Puto Bong-Bong


Being of Filipino descent I stumbled upon this picture of Puto Bong-Bong. I had recently attended a Filipino party and someone had made this wonderful desert so it was too coincidental that this picture showed up on FB that I had to blog about it. This desert is primarily made around Christmas time and is made from sticky rice that is ground and steamed. It gets it's purple color from a native yam called Ube. The Puto is then sprinkled with sugar and served with grated coconut. Here is a link from Kerlynb-Hubpages who has a simplified recipe if you are adventurous enough : http://kerlynb.hubpages.com/hub/Puto-Bumbong-Recipe-Made-Easy-How-to-Cook-This-Purple-Filipino-Christmas-Rice-Cake-without-a-Steamer

No comments:

Post a Comment